Curtains–finale

by longtallyarn

I’ve finally finished a project that had become a chore rather than a hobby.  Often have I admitted to myself that my husband’s suggestion (that we should buy rather than make curtains) had merit.  Working on them was fun for a while, but I’m glad to be moving along to something else.  Actually, I have worked on two other sewing projects since starting the curtains.  One is a sun dress, and the other is a secret project I will reveal at some future date.

Both curtain patterns had a back and front panel.  On the bedroom curtains, the back panel is longer than the front on one end only.  I have no idea why this happened.  I put the curtains on the curtain rod and measured carefully before trimming and hemming the bottom edges.

The roman shades work great, but one of them is about an inch and a half narrower than the other, even though I made both of them as wide as the fabric panel that I started with (minus selvedges).  I think that the fabric could have been wider in some places than others.  For this reason I chose not to hang them in side-by-side windows.  No big deal.

Anyway, I just wanted to show the evidence that the curtains are finished.  Here are a few pictures:

 

Advertisements